PurposeThe user group is an independent body, whose purpose is to promote the understanding of WebSphere Integration technologies, and industry trends. These technologies include IBM's Messaging, ESB and BPM technologies, and products include:
- IBM MQ
- IBM Integration Bus (previously called WebSphere Message Broker)
- WebSphere DataPower
- IBM Operational Decision Manager
- IBM Business Process Manager
- IBM BlueworkLive
- IBM Business Monitor
- IBM API Management
EventsOur premier event is held once a year at IBM Hursley, the home of WebSphere MQ & IBM WebSphere technologies. A normal year will involve two events; for example:
- WebSphere User Group at IBM South Bank, in London - collaborative: March
- WebSphere Integration User Group at IBM Hursley, near Winchester - indepth: June or July
Dates are for guidance - please see the next event and future events for actual schedules.
The user group is a non-profit making organisation. We predominately service the UK community, and as such normally expect our members to be UK based. Currently we don't expect members to register, but we will be reintroducing this facility soon.
We have three sites:
- mqug.org.uk - this site, used for information, events etc
- websphereusergroup.org - we have a satellite site on this user community web site. The site is administered by IBM.
- LinkedIn - this site is more dynamic, and provides for community discussion, help requests to be posted and job adverts or notes of interest
The committee meets several times a year to plan and organise the events. We are always interested to know if anyone would like to join us - if you would, then please contact us or see us at one of our events for a face-2-face chat.
The current committee is:
- Chairman - Mike Wyvill
- Committee Member - Richard Bicheno
- Secretary/Communications - Mike Dent
- Treasurer - David Wicks
- Committee Member - Shailen Devani
- Committee Member - Ian Hurworth
- Committee Member - Dharmesh Patel
- Committee Member - Michael Sarni
- IBM Representative - Tetti Pandelias